Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

True story.

This year I seriously considered a switch to Amazon Fire. I bought a Max while it was on sale, played around with sideloading, and even installed a 'clean' home screen, to make it more Roku-like.

I ultimately decided that the grass was not greener on the other side, and stuck with Roku.

Casting > Sideloading

Roku Media Player > Complicated Players

Simple Home Screen > Home-Screen Codes

Then this happens.

Jump to solution

This Service Is Trash. Rokus only value to the customer was being slightly less annoying than the rest, but obviously they want to change that.

GET A FIRETV ON SALE AND JAILBREAK IT. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE EVERYTHING.

LITERALLY NO ONE NEEDS ROKU, DONT LET THEM GAS LIGHT THE MONEY OUT OF YOU WALLET. THE PRODUCT BELONGS TO THE PURCHASER!

Tbone0

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue of recently added updates being added to my home screen. Why does roku do this? This isn't what I purchased. Can you please show me how to remove or move the categories and browse section. Shouldn't a home screen be customizable? If you don't fix it soon I will go to a competitor. 

Writer1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spent at least a half hour trying to figure out how to remove the STUPID Categories. What in the **bleep** is Roku thinking. Then I discovered that Screen Reader was on, and green borders around everything I select. Does Roku have a bunch of little kids working for them now?

leacha
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This just showed up today on my Roku TV. Garbage.

Give us a way of turning this off. Do not force down our throats things that will turn this into another Google, Apple or Fire.

For shame, for shame.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

FireTV is Amazon. No thank you.

0 Kudos
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Exactly.

0 Kudos
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The device belongs to the purchaser. The service belongs to the advertisers.

The way of the world that holds money as its god.

0 Kudos
BobbyG123

Jump to solution

I came to this page to holler about not wanting the Categories and Browse tabs forced down our throats. But if that puts me on the side of knuckle draggers, than maybe I'll embrace Roku's mistake. You do realize Bud Light made a grand total of ONE can for the trans influencer. They didn't force any "agenda" on anyone. The "everything I don't agree with is WOKE!" brainwashing is a tired act. It must be exhausting being offended by everything 

Jump to solution

Agree. Total BS. One more way to screw customers.  

0 Kudos