Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomP2
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Roku OS 12.5 up date is **bleep**. I do not want the "Categories" and "Browse" cluttering my home screen!

TomP2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku OS 12.5 is terrible. I do not want "Categories" and "Browse" cluttering my Home Screen! Remove them.

cool80z
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This change is absolutely awful.  I have 4 Roku units.  I have bought numerous Roku players over the years. I have recommended them to friends and family.  I am appalled at Roku's decision to add this ridiculous unneeded distraction to the home screen.

TallJan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too!  They've become ridiculous now with this new Categories & Browse that you can't hide from the Home Screen.  If they don't do something fast, I'm dumping a couple of Roku's.  I'm already looking at other products to replace them with 🙂

TallJan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I totally agree with you!  They need to ALLOW US TO HIDE IT or remove it A.S.A.P.

TallJan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I absolutely agree with you!  I have young grandchildren and I would never, ever want them to have access to that kind of TV 😞  Shame on Roku!  I'm a long time Roku user, but I'm also thinking of leaving Roku after this crazy latest update.

r0kucrap

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

i agree. get rid of this **bleep** or let me get rid of it. so sick of roku!

r0kucrap

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

i agree stop adding **bleep** to my home screen or let me remove it. roku is **bleep** now. even their customer service is a joke!

willir64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I check this out and I see whats happening here and it's simple. It corporate greed at it best and crush the little guy (us). Everything in this latest update is designed to make Roku more money. They get money for shows we watch and downloading channels. They have adopted to be money focus instead of customer focus. Keep pressuring them to switch back to customer focus again and turn this stuff off. 

SherryBfine
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This reminds me of why we gave up FireStick!  Noticed it right away, and right away tried to find a show/hide - Nothing!  As others have said, Roku had a simple interface . . . ease-of-use . . . and simplicity.  It just ain't the same.