Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Too true. However, if Roku keeps this up, they will lose me.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It is insulting.

Jump to solution

I am one of many who find these forced tiles very annoying. This is worse than when Apple "gifted" everyone that U2 album a few years ago. At least they could delete that. We can't. 

You already have a search feature in Roku. We don't need Categories and Browse that we can't remove. 

Shame on you, Roku! I hope someone figures a way to remove them. 

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I won't use Amazon. Have you found anything else? I have also been a user for ten years and I will leave. Roku is doing exactly what I do not want.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It is truly mind-boggling that Roku seems to think that making their service more like the services people chose Roku to avoid is somehow going to be helpful for them.

TrishF
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can’t believe they would add this tripe to the home screen without the option of hiding it.  The Roku programming staff deliberately refuses to read the customer message boards and plows ahead with updates regardless of what we, the customer, want!  Irritating!

gmartens
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We need an option to get rid of this annoying **bleep**. And don't put anything else without an option to not have it.

What we really need is a shortcut to reboot your roku device. Every two weeks I gotta go through the menus to get to reboot.

je1234

Jump to solution

On the home screen. Remove it asap.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I do not like this new function/addition to the Home Screen, nor do I want it or need it.  Please at least offer a way to hide it or disable it.

This is really starting to feel like someone coming into my house and changing the furniture around without my permission, and then I can't change it back because they glued everything to the floor.

I know alot of other platforms are doing these same things, I hope this is just a fad.

Same goes for the 'categories' section on the far left of the Live TV Guide App, offer a way to hide it or disable it. (see other threads on this topic)

Roku is losing their vision, people bought into it (your core customers), because it had a simple clean interface that was easy to use, now it's turning into a convoluted mess with all these useless additions that diminish the experience.

jimsz
Streaming Star

Seriously Roku? rid of small icons and you add 2 more rows of **bleep** I didn't ask for...

Jump to solution

Seriously Roku? After 2 months you finally got rid of the small icons and allowed me to get rid of continue watching and now you shove 2 full rows of forced features I never asked for?

Stock screwing with y device. Wtf ould I care about your "categories" and your browse"

This is Ridiculous.

I've had it, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.