Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmientus
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

More than annoying. It took them several months to get rid of the " live tv" tile they added. Now we have to deal with this cr*p for several months. I guess they just dont get it. IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING MAKE IT AN OPTION, JEEZ!

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am out of touch, and I can only imagine what "fratty" means. (Read: too old.)

But, there is no doubt that we have sacrificed many aspects of autonomy since the miracle of the web graced us.

Jump to solution

This horrifying update appeared on my screen many weeks back and I fiddled about to remove the feature. It reared its blasted and obviously rejected head this morning and there is no way I have found to disable it. After reading another post that indicates there is just no way to turn it off, apparently all we can do is implore Roku to please listen and give us the bloody option/not *force* this particular update on their customers.

tjj1133
Reel Rookie

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

Everyone should start calling tech support @ 816-272-8106 and then wait for a callback because the hold time is usually too long. Then take up as much of their time as possible questioning how to remove this from your home screen

BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

Also "Recommended"   I came here to post a complaint but see someone already has.  At least let me remove it from being displayed like some of the other Home screen menu items.

losbabies
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Give us an option to remove this NOW or come clean and say the reason I'm seeing "All things Food" in my home screen is because Coca-Cola is paying you and you don't care about your customers.

Jump to solution

Just chiming in here to add my voice, in case Roku is listening. There should be a way to disable these additions to the Home screen in Settings, the same way there is for every other shortcut. The new changes have made my Home screen less useful and disrupted my experience. Because I can find no option to revert these changes, I have been looking into alternative providers despite being a Roku customer for more than 10 years. Please restore my ability to curate my home screen and control the shortcuts I see!

Jump to solution

It’s 12/3 and this stupid $hit is still on my TV! If I pay $1k for a TV, I d@mn sure don’t want you forcing me to look at this stupid $hit without the possibility of disabling it. The people in charge of coming up with this idea should be fired. This is absolutely unacceptable. I have been a big TCL Roku TV advocate. I personally like how simple Roku is to navigate. This has completely pi$$ed me off to the point that I might not ever buy another Roku TV or device. I was just considering upgrading to a 75in too, but it looks like I might just spend a little more and get that nice LG.

Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Look for the beginning of the Bud Light boycott.  The Anheiser-Busch executive that talked about Bud Light drinkers (their core consumers as being "Fratty and out of touch.  Then came the Trans commercial...

Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just called the ROKU support number (816)272-8106 and got disconnected (twice).