Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

@willir64: You definitely shouldn't have to buy anything to combat bad business. I already have a Voice Remote Pro, however, for the convenience of the personal shortcuts, though more of those buttons would be appreciated.

But people have wanted that for years, and Roku has never listened, so I don't really expect them to listen to our requests now.

I certainly wish that custom home pages like Projectivy Launcher could be used on Roku. That would resolve this mess.

CeeKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hate this! Why has this been added without the option to remove it? It's just clutters up my home screen. AAARGH! 

hillbillytoker
Channel Surfer

Re: new home page content - how to remove new home page content

Jump to solution

I know I just got home and this shows up. I don’t want this trash on my Home Screen. Roku needs to stop adding this annoying BS 

Bobnfl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the worse update I've ever seen it's more of a downgrade. If these categories & browse sections can't be removed by January 1st 2024 I'm going to have to trash my six units and go back to my fire sticks. 

brossc

Jump to solution

Please remove! I only want minimal options on the home screen and these new additions are not acceptable!

Shoresy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You guys can’t help cluttering up the home screen can you.

please allow removal of this excess junk

and please allow hiding the aquatic life icon without removing the screen saver itself

of course these new “features” have sponsored ads

Shoresy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don’t think any of these roku employees that reply here know anything about roku streaming devices. 
better off asking your grandma for help than here.

Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where is the issue? Seriously? Do you even use a Roku?

Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The one thing I loved about my menu setup is that I could uncheck the useless garbage and make it an endless loop of sorts with the bottom apps being right above the top ones. Thanks for screwing that up like everything else including a search system that wasn't broken to begin with.

Anyone with any suggestions as a replacement for Roku? I've finally just given up on these folks. Their customer service has ALWAYS been horrible and now they just keep making the product worse. They just don't 'get it'.

My Television has Google TV as the OS and it's so bloated that it's slow and cluttered and just horrible.  

Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is there a way to revert back to a previous version?

Before all all of the nonsense