Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenjblake
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I might try an alternate launcher on my Google TV, or Shield. Thanks!

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Isn't that Amazon? Or not? I am not quite a luddite …

fkingh8rku

"Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

Remove this TRASH immediately or I will throw this pos out of the window. Nobody asked for clutter and trash on their home screen but you keep adding it, PHUCKING STOP.

kjeldht

Jump to solution

Hey Roku:  If I wanted more junk on my screen I'd ask for it.  In anticipation of something like your new useless home screen update, I recently bought a smart TV (not Roku) that I can download only the apps I want to watch & get rid of the Roku box.  Now I'm going to replace my other tv's (not Roku) with smart tv's & download my favorite apps on them also, so that I can get rid of all the Roku boxes in my house.  I'll then sell the used Roku boxes, so that you can't make money from people buying new boxes.  I don't know why you decided to mess with a good thing, but I guess profit is always more important than customer satisfaction.  It's bad enough that you constantly change my saved home screen wallpaper without my consent to ones that advertise new movies, so that I have to constantly change it back, & I have to hide all the shortcuts to add all the time.  But now you don't even give the customer the option to remove these home screen nuisances.....how is that customer friendly???  This new Roku update reminds me of when Ebay used to be a gigantic website that had a corner on the market.....but then they did useless updates and changes that drove people away to other websites.....me included, so that now they aren't the big powerhouse they used to be.  Does Roku really think this new update is a good improvement?  If so, then maybe the higher ups have spent too much time in their offices, and have lost touch with the consumer's wants & needs.  I don't need a response from Roku, because this stupid update is your response.

idontcare4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I used to have a little laptop I used, I think ill go back. this was sooooo stupid on on ROKUs part. the one thing you had going for you and you just ruined it.

Rickbr56

Jump to solution

I don't want your "categories" and "browse" on my home screen. If you don't fix your programming to give me the option to have or not have it, I am switching to another streaming device and will never buy a roku or roku tv again as long as I live. Your analytics should have told you that a sizeable percentage of your customers don't want this. People want control over their viewing options, not you shoving your bs down our throats. This can't be that hard to program. You have one week to fix this or I am gone forever. Whoever decided this was an improvement or even a good idea should be fired. GET YOUR **bleep** OFF MY HOME SCREEN! 

rws1950
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I would like all this **bleep** off my home screen too quit adding junk without checking to see if we wanted and evidently we don't.

Maintdude

Jump to solution

I completely agree, it would be nice to get rid of the Live TV widget also, I don't need anything but what I want on what I PAID FOR !!

bwd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hate this "Categories" and "Browse" on my Home Screen!!!

Get rid of it or help us delete it Roku, quit add clutter to our Home Screen!!!

Solaria
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Categories and Browse just turned up on my TV.  I don't want them there either.

ROKU - Please make them deletable.