Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shephardc4

Recommendation Row on Home screen

I remove the recommendation row from all my Rokus every. single. day. And low and behold, hours later it reappears. I have other options. I can easily replace every Roku with Apple TV if you don't start playing nice.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recommendation Row on Home screen

Greetings from the Roku Community, @shephardc4!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution for disabling the recommendations row from appearing on your Home screen. 

After choosing to Hide this under Settings > Home screen > Recommendations rows > Hide, we recommend rebooting your Roku player to save this Setting.

If it re-appears after an hour or every time you power on your Roku player, please let us know.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
faartikus

I have this same issue. Every single time Roku pushes a software/firmware update, lo and behold, there it is again! Recommendations are back on! I am LOSING MY MIND. I understand you’re trying to drive more user engagement and content consumption. It’s a business, and generating revenue is what keeps you in business, I totally get it. But here’s the thing: if you don’t intend to honor your users’ choices, then DON’T OFFER IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you don’t intend to respect your users’ preference to hide the recommendations row, then WHY DO YOU WASTE OUR TIME, ROKU?! 

OMG!  lol, I accidentally stumbled on a quick hack several mnths back while I was sleeping & using mobile remote!  So I woke up approximately 3 months ago & “Low & Behold” I had NO Apps at all when surfing, I could not explain or find a reason for this sudden change, so after a week of going thru my setting & trying everything possible, I discovered that during my sleep that night, apparently my dog or myself had touched my phone(Roku mobile App Doest Sleep on my Phone)  I then knew after I found that a parental setting was enabled & required my passcode to SEE apps?!  So after unablibg Parental settings = there they were!  Hope it helps

0 Kudos