Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Re: REMOVE recommended for you on roku home screen

Jump to solution

Adding to the chorus... I have the app I use 90% of the time (YouTube TV) in the top left position, so I am conditioned to hitting home, right, enter to start it before the TV even fully turns on. This adds an extra button click for something I will absolutely never use.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And I have to regret telling you to go eat a bowl of **bleep** because that is what your answer was take this feature away and stop f****** with your customers

mwm424

Jump to solution

Adding to the chorus. PLEASE REMOVE. at least there should be a parental control option because my kids don't watch the same things I do. Really really annoying.

GTCincy

Jump to solution

Not sure who at Roku thought it was a good idea to have the "Recommended" section on the top of the home page selection (above my regular app/source icons) and the fact you can't remove it or at least move it.  Ok, I get you want to appease your content providers and "help" your users find new content but give us the choice to move it to the bottom of the section or remove it entirely.  My elderly parents (80+) have Roku on their TVs and when I have to troubleshoot when they get lost in the menus, I could always say "just keep hitting the home button".  Well now I have to deal with that extra row on top, showing recommendations.  Silly design for sure. 

And speaking of recommendations, how are those determined?  Today I was suggested three R+ rated reality shows and then 20 minutes later it recommends "The Chosen".  Come on Roku.  I love your service, I specifically bought new TVs with Roku because of how well I like all the integration, so stop penalizing those of us who really enjoy your service and give us the bloody option to hide or move that "recommended" section.  PLEASE

Morphy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So my home screen has been updated on both my Roku TV and my Ultra. They are both identical and I do not like it.

I have seen a couple similar threads with people commenting about an "On Now" row added and now this one with a "Recommended For You" row added. My situation is worse.

I now have 3 new rows added that I can not do anything with and that I will never use. These 3 rows and the giant advertisement on the right side of the screen take up my entire 55" screen. Like others on here, I spend a lot of time arranging the icons so the most used items are either in the top 3 rows or the bottom row. I treat the bottom row like a secondary top row as it is just as quick to get to by scrolling up instead of down. Now I have to scroll past these 3 unused rows to reach my preferred content.

The 4 icon wide option I've read about was never offered to me but I would have liked to see it. This would allow for more relevant content in my preferred rows. The 3 added rows are 1. Categories, 2. Browse, and 3. Recommended. I do not want or need them and find they are just in the way for what I really want. Just someone elses idea of what they want me to want, lol.

Truthfully my TCL Roku TV is getting older now, and slower, so I have been looking for options. I pulled out my Shield TV which is basically a Google TV. Despite it's age it works very well and doesn't have all these control issues. I think I'm sticking with it and when I replace this old TCL it will not have a Roku OS.

One nice feature on the Shield/Google tv is the row at the top that I can place favorite apps in. It is formatted so the first 8 favorited apps are displayed and I can scroll to the right for more. I can also control which favorites are in the first 8. Although there are some advertising elements that cannot be changed for the most part they are less in your face than on the Roku and I have overall more customization options. I'm sticking with the Shield until I can replace my Roku tv and I'm replacing my Roku ultra with a Google tv option. I'm fortunate all my Roku devices are old and ready to be replaced.

0 Kudos
Woopit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Registering my dislike of this new feature, too. 

0 Kudos
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I hate to say it, and I would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt this recommended bar is going anywhere soon. Something this easy to revert (not even requiring a firmware update) that hasn't been yet after all these complaints means it's a business decision. I'm sure it's not just an oversight that other things can be hidden from the home screen through settings (even an 'All Things Food' menu added just today!), but this can't.

0 Kudos
PontifexM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ask bud light how that worked out for them WHEM THEY TRIED FORCING SOMETHING DOWN ON US 🤡🤡🤡🤬🤬🤬

REMOVE THE RECOMENDED ! 
LEAVE MY HOME SCREEN ALONE 

LexziShadow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also adding to this.

The recommended is showing x rated material right on the home screen.

I have multiple roku devices that have shown this recommendation now. 

Please remove this feature as my roku is showing my underaged children nude women....

LexziShadow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is one of the 3 videos that is being shown on my recommendations...

20231209_011849.jpg