Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubarnmiha

Questions about Roku TVs ( Roku devices )

I am going to be adding a TV during a remodeling and am considering a Roku TV but have a few simple questions.

1. We will be watching it with Tivo 90% of the time, so when we turn on the TV, will it start on the last input (Tivo on HDMI) or will it start on the Tivo menu and we will need to select the HDMI input each time we turn the TV on?

2. If it does start with the last input (and so there is no need to select a device) does it take the full Roku system start or does it jump right into the HDMI as quickly as a normal TV would do.

Based on the fact that we only do ~10% of our viewing via streaming at this point, I am concerned that a Roku TV will be too kludgy if every time we turn it on we have to jump around with selections instead of starting it up right in the current TV feed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Questions about Roku TVs ( Roku devices )

@ubarnmiha wrote:

We will be watching it with Tivo 90% of the time, so when we turn on the TV, will it start on the last input (Tivo on HDMI) or will it start on the Tivo menu and we will need to select the HDMI input each time we turn the TV on?

You can set it to go to the last input. It won't do it automatically until you change the settings to go to the last input. But, once you do that, it will.

@ubarnmiha wrote:

If it does start with the last input (and so there is no need to select a device) does it take the full Roku system start or does it jump right into the HDMI as quickly as a normal TV would do.

It depends on if you cut power to the device. Roku TVs, like most TVs, are never really off. They are in a low power mode. You won't have to deal with the bootup process unless it loses power.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."