Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quaz

Persistent banner at the top of my TV screen

CA4EC640-2DD8-47F4-A11B-4B9E6F705097.jpeg

How do I get this banner to go away?  Currently, I have to turn the tv of and back on, and it goes away. Is there some setting. 

context: my tv has Roku built in. I prefer my Roku ultra. This happens l when I turn on the TV. Sometimes it is there and goes away. Sometimes, I can turn the TV off, and it goes away. 

It does does not matter which app I use. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Persistent banner at the top of my TV screen

If I'm following you, you have a Roku TV with a Roku Ultra connected to it, right?  The banner is coming from the TV, not the Ultra (you probably already know that).  Was the TV set up for "store mode"?  You might want to factory reset the TV (not the Ultra) and start over.  If you don't plan on using the the TV's Roku features just don't link it to your Roku account (or connect it to your network for that matter).  It will have a bare minimum Home Screen with the TV's inputs and live OTA (antenna) as tiles.  I have a TCL Roku TV set up like this.  My Roku stick will make the TV switch to the stick's HDMI input when I press Home on its remote and the remote can be configured to control the power and volume of the TV.  I only need the TV's remote to access things like picture settings and to change to a different HDMI input.  I rarely watch OTA channels on this particular TV, but that would require the TV's remote as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.