Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamor1497

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV experiencing loading channel issues

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Here is a screenshot of the issue that we are having. Nothing is working when we open an app. 

20211121_224645.jpg

Foxxypants

Re: Update 10.5 still causing issues with connectivity.

Jump to solution

After scouring the internet for fixes and finding numerous threads of people experiencing this issue, explicitly with TVs that are 2+ years old, I am starting to suspect that this is intentional. I have loved my TCL/Roku TV but after the forced 10.5 update my TV is functionally useless as anything other than a Netflix box (weird coincidence that Netflix is the only properly working app, huh?). YouTube, Hulu, Shudder, HBO, Prime Video, Peacock, Paramount+... All unusable. Please roll back this update or fix it to support older models. Black Friday is around the corner and I will happily move to a different platform if this is how Roku continues to operate.

Update105bricks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

so far Roku has been unresponsive even reached out on twitter.  I run a contact center and we would never treat someone like this

lajjr95

Jump to solution

Roku device model - 7133X

TCL model 65S423

serial number YN00S3097952

device ID J6989S097952

software OS/version - 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Same issue as others with the network error and apps not working or being sluggish .  Started when the TV upgraded the OS. 

Moriahe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is starting to piss me off now. 

Update105bricks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yeah starting to think this is intentional since this bricked all our tvs then they release a sale right after this malware they call an update

Austincoop3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How were you able to rollback to 10.0? 

Update105bricks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They just sent me a survey lol!!!  Just gave them honest feedback I am going to continue to hit them on social media and I suggest everyone does the same.  Blast them until they actually fix the problem instead of telling us the problem doesn't exist.

FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

a few hours after I sent the information to " Danny  ".. here in the forum. I looked for the update and when I saw it available I pushed it vs waiting for the auto-download... It was a few hours

FrankKoch
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL TV still not working after update

Jump to solution

DannyR seems to be the actual contact at ROKU

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.