Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dingopete27
Reel Rookie

New Kanopy version 6.0 not available either via automatic or manual update

Jump to solution

New Kanopy version 6.0 not available as automatic or manual update.

Cannot access any program in current 4.0 version (error message code R-400), as update mandatory to latest version.

System restart, uninstalling and re-installing channel fails to detect newest version.

No issue updating mobile app to Kanopy 6.0.

Will new version be available on Roku?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Kanopy version 6.0 not available either via automatic or manual update

Jump to solution

The 3400 is a pretty old Roku, first released in 2011, and Roku version 9.1 is the last Roku operating system it is compatible with.  Version 9.2 was released in September 2019, and there have been 8 OS versions issued since then, with version 12.5 being rolled out now.

The Kanopy website says it can be used on Rokus running versions 7.5+, but my guess is this info is out of date and that they have dropped support for some of those older versions, as maintaining code for dwindling numbers of older models complicates the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

I have version 6.0 (build 20231025).  What's the model number and software version for your device displayed under Settings->System->About?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dingopete27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Device model: 3400x

Software version: 9.1.0

No new updates since Apr. 22'23

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

The 3400 is a pretty old Roku, first released in 2011, and Roku version 9.1 is the last Roku operating system it is compatible with.  Version 9.2 was released in September 2019, and there have been 8 OS versions issued since then, with version 12.5 being rolled out now.

The Kanopy website says it can be used on Rokus running versions 7.5+, but my guess is this info is out of date and that they have dropped support for some of those older versions, as maintaining code for dwindling numbers of older models complicates the app.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dingopete27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I kinda thought my Roku stick out of date; thanks for the detailed explanation regarding my issue.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Dingopete27, Roku usually has deals for users with obsolete devices.

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/
https://my.roku.com/offers

Black Friday is also coming up when Roku usually has a cheap player at Walmart, Target, etc.  Note that I treat those devices as disposable since they're cheap and you sometimes get what you pay for.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos