Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markrtr
Reel Rookie

Re: NEW HOME SCREEN - "ON NOW"

If you get an email from Roku@qualtrics-research.com and have time then please take the survey. It's asking about the "On Now" row on the home screen. I let them know how frustrating it is. Hopefully if enough people voice their opinions then they'll remove it. 

Th156uy
Channel Surfer

Wow…this feature that was so hated last year made a miraculous return in 2024 despite all of the complaints lodged about it. Good thing it able to be hidden now. 

My TV is turning off before I get a chance to get into my system and change anything. I've tried unplugging it and resetting it Is there anything else I can do 

0 Kudos

My TV keeps turning on and off immediately as soon as it turns on it goes off. I've tried unplugging it and resetting the system but they don't work. Is there anything else I could try to do 

0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

The topic you just posted in concerned the home menu on the Roku screen. Not a Roku TV but a Roku that attaches to a TV.

If you were asking a question about a Roku TV, you could go to the front of the community and choose Roku TV as your option and post your question in that forum and open a new ticket. Hope this helps.

If not, and it is your Roku player, it would be good if you could state what type of Roku player you have.

I am only familiar with the Roku Ultra, but I assume the menu is the same. However, I have never heard of the TV turning itself off when trying to use the Roku.

Can you describe more of what is happening? Are you just for the first time connecting your Roku to your TV? If not, did the Roku work before? Are you using the remote and actually scrolling down the menu or you trying to use arrows and arrows because someone or some web search told you that's the way to get to the system? 

I will try to help you if I can, but a little more information might be helpful. Like 'i have a Roku (type of Roku, ie Ulta or Streaming stick, etc)  and this is what is happening....' (step by step)

PS I am a community member, I do not work for Roku.

0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

They fixed it because the bug was reported to them a dozen times (smile) Probably a new developer who didn't understand that when you put a new option on the screen you need to be able to add it to the system to be able to hide it by editing the home screen.

I agree with you, that was a nasty nasty aggravating bug.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.