Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraM

Moving roku stick to new location

Jump to solution

I am going to my cottage up north and will bring the roku along for the tv up there. I’ve done this many times before. Every time we do this we get a message that says we can only switch locations ‘X’ number of times before we aren’t allowed to do it anymore. I believe it’s 4. Next trip up it was 3, etc. Does anyone know if that number starts over every year? Are we back at 4? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Moving roku stick to new location

Jump to solution

@SaraM 

The Roku devices (and your Streaming Stick), are meant to be portable.   No limit on how many many times you can relocate your Roku device.

I believe, though, that you may be referring to the limit (restriction on number of times) that Hulu places on its subscribers. (can only change the Home Address 4 times in a given 12-month period).

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/manage-home-network

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SaraM  Are you using a live TV streaming service such as Hulu + Live TV? YouTube TV or DirecTV Stream? The message you are receiving is not from Roku. Any Roku player or TV does not care where it is located.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SaraM 

The Roku devices (and your Streaming Stick), are meant to be portable.   No limit on how many many times you can relocate your Roku device.

I believe, though, that you may be referring to the limit (restriction on number of times) that Hulu places on its subscribers. (can only change the Home Address 4 times in a given 12-month period).

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/manage-home-network

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SaraM  Are you using a live TV streaming service such as Hulu + Live TV? YouTube TV or DirecTV Stream? The message you are receiving is not from Roku. Any Roku player or TV does not care where it is located.

0 Kudos
SaraM

Jump to solution

Thank you! You are correct that I am thinking of Hulu. Thanks for the reminder of that! I forgot that part of it. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.