Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHLT
Streaming Star

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

Hi David.

It appears that Roku has addressed the situation, because all channels are showing up in my menu in the favorites menu, and in the manage channel menu.

I suppose enough of us complained that they fix the issue and pushed out some kind of hidden update, so try again and see if not, your menu is repaired like mine is showing.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are a few other threads with the same issue, I hope it was fixed, there is no reason to remove the channel numbers under any circumstance.  Apparently it only affected certain Roku users, I was not thankfully.  Let's hope this has been fixed.   I just hope they get around to fixing the missing channel logos for my antenna channels which includes GET-TV, LX-TV, CATCHY-TV, and TB44 (last one is independent channel, so I understand that one).

GreatestHits
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. It’s good to know that a fix may be closer, for those of us whose devices are still affected. :^)

(We have several TCL Roku TVs - Installed the latest updates; it looks like the problem is still there for us, for now. After reading your posting, feeling as if there’s hope. -smile!-)

smithdoor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A nut at Roku did think we need channel numbers like all other TV guides have.

That person probably steams on paid TV or does not watch TV

Some may need to start Facebook page Roku put numbers back. 

Now there are 6 pages of complaints and grown. 

0 Kudos
tanamutt

Jump to solution

I agree with you, taking the channel  numbers away  makes it hard for everyone to get the programs they want to watch. The person or persons that are responsible should be fired.  The company should be giving more thought to the consumer and not some jerk and a hair brain idea !!!

HONKEYKONG

Jump to solution

I see someone hired Duh Huh Jr. lll to reorganize what needed no organizing to begin with...seriously,WHO really decided that this ****ing STUPID INBRED KINDA ******  needed to be thrown upon us,the TV BUYER/,VIEWER UNNECESSARILY....Roku shud be required to put warnings on ALL TV BOX EXTERIORS SO PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THE **bleep** THEY HAVE TO GONTHRU JUST TOWATCH FKN TV

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

😆Dont sugar coat it Honkeykong!! Tell it like it is.......

TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi. And thank you for your reply.

going to the menu, guide for favorites and going to edit favorites and if you have any boxes checked, it could be that they are hidden. it looks like when they updated it they did not allow for checking and unchecking boxes for guides. Start with one channel and check the box and then see if it shows up in the menu by the number, if that’s how you can fix the issue. 

now this may work for you and it may not, but it worked for me, so I say try it and if it works, then you can go back and uncheck all of the boxes for your favorite channels.

jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So removing functionality is considered to be a feature...  Ugh. Who makes these decisions?

JimL
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

>>So removing functionality is considered to be a feature...

Hahaha.  Yes, the behaviour certainly seems that way.  I can't help but wonder if Roku is using the same developers and decision makers as Pluto, or they're both in a race to the bottom.  Pluto advertises new channels but can't tell you where they are because they've eliminated channel numbers and are too apathetic to even tell us what category they are placed.  Pluto added a category for one channel: "Last Watched" , which is the same channel you go to when you start the app.  Roku has the category "Recents" which is equally useless.  I bet for most folks, channels in Recents are the same ones as in Favorites. 

Roku has also received many complaints about losing the default of Favorites.  They fixed it, but that was short lived and it's again broken due to a 'software update', which as far as I can tell fixed absolutely nothing or solved problems that did not exist.

The issues with Roku won't get fixed until the decision makers and those making the updates start using their products themselves to see what their customers have to put up with.