Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

I have noticed there are two ways to access the live guide. If you go through The Roku Channel app, there are no numbers. But, there is also a "Live TV on The Roku Channel" app you can add. So far, that still has numbers.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1ac1f6c4b2a10445e55c6fca4f14d064/live-tv-on-the-roku-channel 

For favorites, just hit the asterisk key in the guide to add or remove a channel. You can even hide a channel. Outside the guide, it pops up a menu where you can manage all channels or favorites.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just added Live TV on the Roku Channel and numbers are missing there as well.

smithdoor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If know the channel number and you a smartphone Roku app you can inter the the number on phone and channel comes up on the TV.  Till Roku fixs the problem.  

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@smithdoor wrote:

If know the channel number and you a smartphone Roku app you can inter the the number on phone and channel comes up on the TV.  Till Roku fixs the problem.  

Been doing the same using Remoku.  Forgot about the Roku mobile app keyboard.  👍

I have a thread with channel numbers for the Roku LiveTV posted at https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Live-TV-Guide-List-Reference-List/m-p/78... if anyone needs the old channel number locations.

----

I am hoping Roku reverses/postpones the build decision to remove the channel numbers from the Guide.  It is quite chaotic and unorganized as it currently sits.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

GreatestHits
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agreed. …And, given that Roku station advertisers cite their channel numbers within their commercials (presumably to have made it easier for viewers to find their stations and stream their media), it seems their commercials will need to be changed/updated, along with their approach toward helping us tune into their channels (to build viewership). </just_thoughts>

rreed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I complained - for all the good it will do - and got this response

"I can understand your concern  Timothy , Many customers have reported the same and the issue has been escalated to the back end engineering team. the issue will be taken care by them and will be resolved swiftly."

Not holding my breath

rdp5400

Jump to solution

maybe the smarter thing to do would have been to ASK viewers since all the responses i’ve seen have been unanimous, including mine-this was a terrible idea-especially in light of the fact that ROkU continues to advertise channels via their number, which, Oops, we can’t access. 

Lrzb

Jump to solution

I totally agree! It’s so frustrating that not only now are there no number channels but the channels are no longer categorized like they used to be and I cannot even find cooking shows anymore. It appears that a lot of the shows I used to watch, home-improvement shows, etc. are gone. Some of the movie channels. It’s so unorganized. It was way better the way it was before. And I would recommend some sort of a back button so that you don’t always have to scroll through every number to find what you’re looking for. Or maybe not a back button but a remote that has the ability to put numbers in so you can put the channel number you’re looking for . I guess, if they were still channel numbers… Very frustrating the way it is now. For an update, they made it worse. 

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Dear Roku support team,

The issues surfaced weeks ago, relating to the missing channel numbers, were sent to the support team to be addressed.  Were they?  Do we have an update?  Perhaps you could "throw us a bone?"  Its my hope the issue will be resolved and/or addressed to the community to lend comfort our concerns are heard and actually being reviewed.  "They're are plenty of other options out there"

Mariv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! Please! Give us the channel numbers back to start. Then later offer a remote with the capability to enter a specific channel number. Roku keeps making unnecessary changes that make things inconvenient for us.