Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bedfordite
Reel Rookie

Malfunction of automatic software update

October 11-12, 2023 my Roku Ultra was updated online automatically. The interface is now malfunctioning. Selected items disappear. Migration throughout all functions is difficult and unpredictable. If I had not memorized where items were placed, I would not be able to use the Roku.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Malfunction of automatic software update

Have you tried restarting your Roku?

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > System > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos