Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duddy1014
Reel Rookie

Image stretched out on video only

Recently purchase a new roku ultra and have run into a weird situation. Generally everything works just fine but randomly,  when I have left the TV on but just on the roku main menu, when I go back to an app and start a video it will be really stretch and I can basically only see the top right. Subtitles will not show but the main menu of the roku and the apps will be fine. So far I have only found that doing a system restart solves the problem. I have not determined how to specifically replicate the issue yet. Does anybody have ideas for a long term solution? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Duddy1014
Reel Rookie

Re: Image stretched out on video only

For clarity, I have a 4k hdr 60hz vizio TV and everything on the roku is setup the same, to my knowledge, as the precious roku steaming stick + that I had. No changes to the hdmi port or TV settings.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Look for a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and disable it if it's there (not all models have it).  It seems to affect the HDMI handshake with some TVs when the Roku comes out of power save.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Duddy1014
Reel Rookie

I will give that a shot. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.