Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keasrij3

Help connecting echo please help me

Jump to solution

I’ve been trying to connect my Roku to my new Amazon echo and I’m stuck in a sign in circle. In the echo app I add Roku skill “enable skill” and then it takes me to a sign in page. I sign in and it says I have to confirm my sign in my going to my email and clicking a link it sent, which then opens in the browser. Then it says I’m signed in and “continue back to Amazon echo app” and when I click that it just gets stuck on a purple spinning circle and the skill is never added to the app. I’ve done this 10 times. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help connecting echo please help me

Jump to solution

Hi @keasrij3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you need assistance enabling the Amazon Echo feature on your Roku; we're happy to be of service.

We'd like you to follow the steps to restart your Roku Device and router:

1. Restart connection: Unplug your router at the same;
  2. System restart: Home > Settings > System > System Restart/Power > System Restart.

After doing all the steps, you must set up Amazon Echo/Alexa. You can visit our support article on how to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku Smart Home devices.

Please update us on how anything goes so we can continue to assist you.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keasrij3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you need assistance enabling the Amazon Echo feature on your Roku; we're happy to be of service.

We'd like you to follow the steps to restart your Roku Device and router:

1. Restart connection: Unplug your router at the same;
  2. System restart: Home > Settings > System > System Restart/Power > System Restart.

After doing all the steps, you must set up Amazon Echo/Alexa. You can visit our support article on how to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku Smart Home devices.

Please update us on how anything goes so we can continue to assist you.

Many thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fbp44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and according to the Roku skill rating and comments so do a lot of people.

0 Kudos
Fbp44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos