Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKelly522

Email is changed on account but not on device

I have gone through the process of changing my email on my account in Roku.com. My email is changed in account but it won’t change on my tv ( device ). 

I have tried it many different ways , confirming all I can but it still has old email. I am trying to order a pay channel but because my email doesn’t change it won’t let me. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Email is changed on account but not on device

Have you restarted the Roku and/or checked for updates?  Does this Roku show in the Roku account with the new email address under "Linked devices" at https://my.roku.com ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @JKelly522, we noticed you've changed your email and it doesn't seem to change on your device. We're here to help get to the bottom of this.

We'd like to thank @renojim for his detailed response, which included a couple of outstanding questions.

If you've already restarted your Roku device and still don't have the correct email address linked to it, please reach back out. We'll be happy to look into what's going on.

0 Kudos
tthood

I am having the sameissue.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @tthood, thanks for the post! Have you tried the recommendations posted by @renojim?

If not, you can reset your device by going to Settings > System > System restart.

Please let us know if you were able to see your updated email address on your device in the About section of Settings.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CharlesFWebster
Reel Rookie

I have this same problem. If I do a Factory Reset on the TV, will that affect my subscribed channels? For example, will I lose access on the TV but keep getting billed on my credit card?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@CharlesFWebster 

If you do a Factory Reset and use the same email account you originally did when you first set up the Roku device, all your channels and subscriptions will still be available to you. (you will most likely have to login to these subscriptions again with your passwords, etc. On the Roku device.)

If you are going to deactivate your old Roku account and use a new email address (thereby setting up new Roku account), then you will want to cancel all your subscriptions prior to the factory reset tied to the old account or you will be charged and not have access.

Subscriptions and channels are tied to the Roku "account", not the Roku "device".

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CharlesFWebster
Reel Rookie

Thanks! I just wish Roku devices were required to allow a customer to change his or her email address without a factory reset. 😞
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@CharlesFWebster 

If all you want to do is change your email address, you can do that under "Account Information" when you login to your Account dashboard at https://my.roku.com/account.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.