Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Re: Captions 'Always On' Does Not Work.

Same here.  Closed captions "always on" used to work just fine but not now.  We need the CC because our  hearing is difficult and we depend on the CC to keep up with whatever we are watching.  It used to work just fine.  I have reset our ROKU.  I have tried all the hints provided in support including during the program.  Nothing is helping.  This is happening on all our channels, news or movies, and is extremely aggravating, especially since it used to be so good.  I am going to try resetting the update and the device, but I have tried this before.  Try, try again.  Hope we can get some help.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@debzdunit

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jusaskin
Channel Surfer

Done this, multiple times. It doesn't matter. I've sent screenshots, listed exactly what, where, when, TV model, year, LITERALLY EVERYTHING and NOTHING works! I always get the response that your "team" is working to fix it but it's bs because this has NEVER been fixed and I NEVER hear back! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jusaskin

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like we haven't received any of the information that we requested from since you last posted. Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What channel are you using and what content are you trying to watch? Can you provide a tracker ID when the issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jusaskin
Channel Surfer

Well that's not true at all. I sent an email and pictures and did EVERYTHING your "support" team asked including me to do. Nothing worked. I got tired of getting the same standard responses to keep rebooting this, updating that, to have you not even read my response emails. IT DOESN'T WORK.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jusaskin
Thanks for the post.

If you are currently in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jusaskin
Channel Surfer

Did you read my response to you? I told you I HAVE been in contact with them, several emails, lots of the same things for me to try, yet nothing worked. Nothing. I am not the only one experiencing this. It's shameful. The same old reply every time. I just wish that the people on the "support team" were hard of hearing and couldn't watch their favorite channels because there are no captions. I bet THEN we'd get some movement on this!

0 Kudos
colorbluecookie
Channel Surfer

mine does not work when I try to watch a Christian titles there is an option for Korean but the Roku seems to not recognize Korean and can Roku please get the Captions to work on all channels please? mine English ones works fine but the Korean one comes up as square on my Roku express ~  i would like all English to Korean please~~~~

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @colorbluecookie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please note that most channels and apps contain their own settings and will override the settings in Roku menus. Check inside each channel's individual settings and disable captions in each. Some channels have their own captions settings that are separate from the system settings. Some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions and subtitles on content. We suggest reaching out directly to the channel to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jusaskin
Channel Surfer

Been there, done that, nothing changes. STILL NO CAPTIONS ON MANY CHANNELS! I've tried Roku's, the specific channel's options, rebooting, hard rebooting, resetting, re...everything and NOTHING works! What are you supposed to do when Roku's captions "always on" does NOT work? Some channels do NOT offer the ability to add captions no matter where you look. I understand technology just fine so this is not a human-error situation. This is a ROKU situation that needs to be corrected!