Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Airplay Video Freezes on Roku TV

@lla

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you further, but need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the information that we have requested in my previous post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joeschm0e
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Airplay works for a few seconds then the screen freezes and just audio plays. This only happens on my M1 Macbook pro 14" running Monterey. I have an older 2017 Macbook Pro 13" running Big Sur that still works.

Roku TV
7121X
TCL model
65R615
Serial number
YSOOG9614293
Software version
11.0.0 • build 4193-30
Device ID
FW293G614293

Issue ID: 93-389-903

0 Kudos
bamvaleri

I am having a very similar problem.

When I airplay from my MacBook to my Roku, the image will freeze after a few seconds. Audio will play just fine, but the image is completely frozen. This happens every time I try to airplay. It first started after I updated my MacBook OS to Monterey. This did not happen on the previous OS. Might be a compatibility issue?

I've tried restarting both my MacBook and my Roku; "forgetting" and re-connecting the two devices; disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi. All to no avail.

Roku TV 8116X

TCL Model: 32S327

Serial number: YK00AL319714

Device ID: JDA0DA319714

Software version: 11.0.0

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

macOS Monterey, version 12.3.1

tracker ID: 14-397-573

0 Kudos
Blorth

Same here. 
Mac OS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Air m1 2020 and Roku TV C222X HiSense 50R6+ with software version 11.0.0 b 4193-94

Mirroring works for 10 minutes then I have disconnect and reconnect.

0 Kudos
Alwaysannoyed
Reel Rookie

You have several people providing you with the exact same issue, and even when they give you the info you’ve asked for, nothing resembling a resolution has been provided to us. Does anyone at Roku intend to fix this widespread issue? Airplay is one of the most important features in my purchase decision, and it’s nearly as useless as roku’s customer service.

lla
Reel Rookie

Device model: 3810CA Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial: YH004X637068

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-50

External device brand: Toshiba TV with a MacBook Pro using macOS Monterey

Tracker ID: 68-407-397

0 Kudos
lla
Reel Rookie

I agree- I have followed all the trouble shooting steps and nothing worked. I can still use the Roku- but Airplay is primarily why I bought the device in the first place. There are plenty of other devices that allow app usage on TVs that are older. I wanted to airplay as opposed to using an HDMI or corded connection. 

0 Kudos
bitcloudrzr
Reel Rookie

This issue only started happening for me since this year, I have been streaming fullscreen Airplay since I purchased this back in 2019-2020. Unfortunately I have not saved any logs that are related but will list my devices anyway. 

Roku Model: 3810X

Software Version: 11.0.0.4193

Device ID: C13965740358

Serial Number: YH005U740358

Macbook Pro 14-inch 2021

MacOS Monterey 12.6

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.