Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

web browser access on roku tv?

Jump to solution

I made a screwed up, I just purchased new TCL smart television, I previously bought a smart Samsung, and it had Internet and web connection built-in. When I asked about the TCL smart television I asked if it has an Internet connection they indicated yes. Not knowing group who did not have a built-in web browser built-in. I keep reading about the workarounds, and pretty computer stupid not sure I'd be able to do it myself. When will Roku at a web browser in their package. The easiest way instead of having everyone try a different workaround. And until then what is the easiest workaround to download.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: web access

Jump to solution

Roku stopped supporting Web Browsers months ago.

There is a firefox Channel/app but it is not a browser per se.

Its more for pushing video's from Android Firefox.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: web access

Jump to solution

Roku stopped supporting Web Browsers months ago.

There is a firefox Channel/app but it is not a browser per se.

Its more for pushing video's from Android Firefox.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: web browser access on roku tv?

Jump to solution

I guess I screwed up too. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How is it that a product that has been around for ages, can access thousands of channels through it's device and not one of them is a web browser?!  It is waaay past time for ROKU to get its act together and figure this out.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too was very disappointed that Roku does not have a web browser and I am now looking for alternatives.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sounds to me like they want to control content. Hmmmm. 🤨

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Could be but this will be the last Roku device I buy.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Could be but this will be the last Roku device I buy. Not sure of the name of their like operating device is But they have true Internet access I go in and out search the web without any problem the device is a little cumbersome being on the TV but that's much better than the Roku. like I said this will be the last TV I buy with the Roku device . It may be the electrical device side by at all .

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

You do understand ROKU's are intended for streaming Entertainment and Video''s.

That factoid is directly implicit before you consider buying one.

They have these things called computers. Which can be mirrored easily by several

differing methods onto any modern TV screen.

It amazes me how many people behave when they dont get what they want and immediately.

Its embarrassing to coerce with people like that.  such tripe and impertinent nonsense 

Anonymity goes to the head for many.

Obviously ROKU works well for most people Your problems and manner evolve from within yourselves. Do you need help???

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder of the Community guidelines set in place: 

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator