Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

hdmi port 1 and 3 quit working

Jump to solution

About two days ago my 65 inch tcl tv model 65S4 started showing no signal on both hdmi ports 1 and 3 port, port 2 works. Both my pc and ps3 work on port 2 so I know the devices and cables are good. I tried removing hdmi port in the menu on the tv with the ps3 turned on it tell me to remove the cable first so I know the tv see a hdmi cable is plugged in. Also if I have my ps3 plugged into port 3 and turn on the ps3 it will automatically turn the input to my hdmi port 2 instead of port 3. When I select hdmi 3 it shows no signal detect.  I'm on software version  9.2.0 built 4502-30. I also have the same tv in the living room same model and same software, only hdmi port 3 doesn't work on that tv. Both tv were bought black friday 2018.

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

Re: Blank screen

Jump to solution

The fix only worked for a few days. Tlc is sending someone this Thursday to fix it under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 8

Re: hdmi port 1 and 3 quit working

Jump to solution

Fix it by going into the secret menu #1 and changing software update server: beta to release then ran the update software again.  Have not tried port 1 yet. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Blank screen

Jump to solution

Got roku from my uncle. Have all the cords . I have a newer tv. I know it is plugged in because tv detects it when I plug into all the ports I have tried... tell me no signal and it is different because if there is nothing in the port it say no source detected. Roku is just black screen and light on roku 3 box is on 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Blank screen

Jump to solution

The fix only worked for a few days. Tlc is sending someone this Thursday to fix it under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

YES!  Sporadic problem!  What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LourdesTV 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this problem today with my HDMI 2 input (no longer receiving a signal from devices that previously worked fine). To fix it, I had to restart the TV, but not by simply turning it off and on again, but by initiating a system restart via the settings menu. Once it finally rebooted (took a bit), the input started to function as expected again.

Hope this helps others with similar issues.

Level 7

Jump to solution

@jaystone10 wrote:

Fix it by going into the secret menu #1 and changing software update server: beta to release then ran the update software again.  Have not tried port 1 yet. 

Could you please explain '...secret menu #1...' ? I just got this 50S425 and am finding TCL to be very confusing (and frustrating). Along the same HDMI line of questions I have... Is there any place that explains what 'devices' can be plugging into HDMI 3? i.e., Can I get my U-Verse signal thru that port to watch TV?

You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make 'em think!
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My HDMI port 4 is now suddenly not working.  I have had a Streaming Stick for about 10 years, with my LG TV 32LE5300, and I have never had a problem with it until today.  I was watching TV just fine this morning, and now the screen is black when I turn on the TV.

I have tried unplugging the stick and plugging it back in, turning off/on the TV, putting the stick in ports 1, 2, and 3...what else can I do?  When I press the Input button on the TV remote, none of the HDMI ports even shows as active.  I couldn't find any reset option on the TV menu. 

I am guessing the stick has just gone bad and is no longer connecting to the port, as it seems to bend now when it is connected to the port.  Do I just need to go buy a new device, and if so, what is recommended for a TV that's ten years old?  (I am NOT going to buy a new TV.)

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just Google how To Access Secret Menus On Your Roku Device, also it come back. I found my receipt and they replaced the Main Board under warranty. I call on the last day of my warranty.

0 Kudos