Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: eARC Stopped Working After Working Just Fine

@davids2443

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have more information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SturmDrang

Having the same problem. Danny: we've tried all those fixes, nothing working. I have a Roku Series 6. Bose Soundlink. Used to work. Now it doesn't. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SturmDrang

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I requested in my previous reply?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davids2443
Reel Rookie

Hello Danny, to say I’m surprised by your response this week is….

Since the last time I wrote the situation has gone through a series of cycles, the condition I explained has happened at least 5 x’s since. So I never really followed up.  Seeing your question today, I had a few minutes and it’s New Years Eve, so…. Not to mention the fact it happened again this past week I’m writing…4E4D1760-6437-44A5-AB42-2E7F4A319B8A.jpeg1857E71B-6BB0-4FD7-86FA-4AF0665AA7C1.jpeg26B24E74-05F2-42DD-9A9B-0CB93EAB5DB7.jpeg

I have zero explanation for when it starts. It just happens… I turn on my setup; my TCL 65” 65R627 and my Sony STR-DH790 A/V Receiver (also have a few subsidiary A/V things connected through the Sony Receiver, a 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player, a 5CD/DVD Player, my DIRECTV box…) and it just looses the eARC between them?  Even just the Broadcast TV from our aerial on the roof input. The weird part is, it doesn’t loose the video, just the audio 5.1/7.1/Atmos, even a PCM feed?  So I know it isn’t the HDMI cords or the machines input and outputs (although I did try diff cords just to chk).

I also attached a diff Roku 4K Stick to the HDMI2 and the same thing happened with that as well.

As I said, no rhyme or reason?  Just happens?  Then maybe a few days later after I’ve tried everything conceivable, including knocking it all down and re-wiring (what a total pain in the ass that is), to resetting everything in the TV and Receiver.. then I’ll turn it on and it will recognise everything?  Usually just about the time I’m ready to give in and say the **bleep** thing is broken and I bought a lemon and I should’ve bought a better receiver and, and, and…  I’m going to give up and buy a new Receiver… it works.

I took a few pics of the info today with the applicable Roku #’s et al!  See attached.  Hope this is helpful?

Thanks. David S.

0 Kudos

This has been the only solve that's worked for me. ARC worked fine for 8 months with my new receiver, then just suddenly stopped. Did a factory reset on the TV, replaced the HDMI cord, no luck. Unplugged the other 3 HDMI inputs--bingo. Suddenly it's working again. I've power cycled a few times since and tried different variations of plugging them back in (just one, all three, with TV power off, with receiver power off, etc), but as soon as I turn the TV off and back on again, I have to have every other HDMI unplugged or ARC doesn't work. And its like magic--as soon as I unplug them, ARC works again.

So frustrating...