Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ace1062682
Binge Watcher

Youtube freezes on TCL Roku TV

Hello, I'm having the same issue with my TCL Roku TV. Any youtube video I play will start normally but freeze a few seconds in. After several minutes the TV restarts. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app, clearing the cache of the tv and a full restart of the TV through the power menu. The issue has continued for about 24 hours.  

.Mt roku tv model number is 7130x.

Software version is 13.0.0 build 24062-30

Gc version 11.7.22

Issue ID is 42-239-444

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
billHSV

Re: Youtube freezes on TCL Roku TV

I am having the same issue.  No other service or app has issues.  Problem started after TV downloaded updated OS 13.0.0 Build 24063

0 Kudos
MerkonV

I am also having the same problem with YouTube on my TCL Roku TV. It just started happening a couple of days ago and it has rendered the YouTube app on my TV useless.

For some reason the live videos on YouTube don't seem to have a problem at all but all of the regular videos run for a few seconds or so then get the spinning circle of dots then the dots go away. Sometimes if I jump ahead in the video a little bit and hit play then it will start playing for a bit longer until it does the same thing again. I have tried removing YouTube, rebooting, and reinstalled YouTube and it changed nothing. My internet is fine. I have 2 of the exact same TV and both started doing it at the same time.

Model 65R625

Version 13.0.0

Build 24062-88

Update - problem seems to have been fixed. Both TVs are having no issues with YouTube anymore. I didn't do anything else since yesterday when I had deleted and reinstalled YouTube and I cleared the cache on one TV using the sequence home x 5, up arrow, rewind x 2, fast forward x 2. Though that didn't help yesterday so I'm not sure if those steps had anything to do with it because I only took those steps on one of our TVs.

0 Kudos
ace1062682
Binge Watcher

Yup. It's a youtube issue across multiple devices. Basically, nearly everything but desktop and mobile are affected 

0 Kudos
Tvuserinwi
Reel Rookie

Same exact issue and only happening on my TCL Roku TV.  Started day after it was updated to the latest 13.0.0 and build.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.