Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niekie

Why does my Roku tv keep stopping in the middle of watching a movie and goes to Home Screen

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my Roku tv keep stopping in the middle of watching a movie and goes to Home Screen

@Niekie

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel? What are the steps to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GInaG
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my Roku tv keep stopping in the middle of watching a movie and goes to Home Screen

Mines does that too. We will be watching a movie on Disney plus, then it stops and we get the spinning blue circle, and then the home screen. Is the Roku tv broken or something?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @GInaG

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on Disney Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GInaG
Reel Rookie

Dear Kariza:

It happens with all Apps on the RoKu tv except the Xfinity cable input. We have restarted the tv and it still happens. Every morning and every evening. We have to restart the Roku tv every morning and every evening in order to watch an App on the Roku tv. And the movie stopping in the middle, this happens from time to time on every app. Someone told us the Roku tv had a computer problem that can't be fixed because tv repair people can't reach it. They said Roku is a "flawed tv system."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GInaG

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you made sure to follow the troubleshooting step that @RokuKariza-D provided in her previous reply?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GInaG
Reel Rookie

Dear Danny R:

I did. Our RoKu TV said "Challenge Accepted". I still have to reset/restart the Roku Tv every day. Or else, there is no sound with the Apps. Any of them. The only sound and picture I get, is with the Xfinity cable that is plugged in. My husband reminds you that it is 4 years old. Also he reminded me no one repairs them.

Gina, Fort Lauderdale, FL

0 Kudos

It is happening with Netflix and Disney+. We start watching something and it goes back to Home. Sometimes if we change the volume it happens also

0 Kudos