Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eyke

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

Yes, please restore the channel numbers to the LiveTV guide. Many of us use the channel numbers to remember what show is where, not the channel name. Also, many of us have smaller TV screens and it is very difficult, if not impossible, to see what the channel icons are. 

Please listen to what was discussed the last time you did this. Restore the channel numbers and please do not remove them again. I don't know why this is so hard for Roku management to understand. You are driving people away to other platforms, like FireTV, Chromecast, and the like.

Thank you.

winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Roku channel numbers disappeared again

Jump to solution

I still have the menu, however, when it's set to "All Channels" they are all scrambled in no order whatsoever, making finding a channel's location, something requiring a psychic on-hand.  It seems when I click on Favorites, they will show up in the order they always have been, so why the All Channels menu has them ALL messed up, is a good question. Why do digital technology companies, like Roku (& Apple) seem so hot to make changes, add more bells & whistles, change up how existing features, working perfectly fine, so they don't anymore?

I feel it's developers, so immersed in their own nerd-world, that almost to prove their worth, are obsessed with constant changes! No matter if these "advancements" have been thoroughly tested before their release, which means just more, and unneeded headaches for their users. I know my Apple digital devices, which I've been using for 30 years, no longer work as consistently, nor are anywhere near as "intuitive" as they used to be, and that many of their changes have just made using products & features more of a hassle, complicated, and confusing! Hey developers, slow down your coffee/Adderall/whatever use, relax, and take your time to make only constructive changes, don't add extra steps to apps that work just fine, & simplify instead of complicate, OK?

TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Day 2 and I’m still without a bonafide menu. Watching commercials whereby Roku shows a channel with a name - I don’t even have the option to search by channel name. 
I agree that the Coders have again missed the mark - nerd world or not, they’re making it very hard to stick with the product.

HissyFitz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just found when in the Roku channels tv guide; go to the left to highlight (any) station; press the * key on the remote; go to 'sort channel list'; then click on sort 'by channel number'. The channel numbers showed back up again!  🙂 

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We shouldn't have to jump thru this. ON my home page, it was posted about the glitches and how to fix it maybe. That's not my job. Roku did this let them fix it. I guess if the developers don't screw something up, they won't be needed. Ruko needs new techs and developers.

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Docksman,you are a genius. I went to the guide and went one over like you said, and there was the sort menu. I like to watch the paranormal channels, from 742 to 773 and it looks like a couple channels are missing, but all in all sort channel list and then by number was there.

I have one older Onn Roku TV and one brand new Onn Roku TV and sort channel list is on both of them. That settles it for me, Docsmen for president. That will solve all our political problems too. Thanks Docsman I can be happy again, (a little)

0 Kudos
Mariv
Channel Surfer

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

Yes, I experienced this las October and Roku took too long to fix the issue. Supposedly it was a programming update which makes no sense. Roku please undue whatever you did so we get the channel numbers back quickly this time. 

0 Kudos
Docsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm glad to hear that, @winston3338

Would ambassador to Luxembourg work for you? 

POTUS Docsman 

elayne1126
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I called those idiots again this morning. Can't talk to a supervisor so I'm stuck with someone I couldn't understand or who could understand me. Apparently, no white americans work at roku. Anyway, same **bleep** about trying this and that which of course will not work. So AGAIN, I was told that my case will be escalated and some one will call me back within 24 hrs. And of course no one will call back. Disgusting.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.