Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottreed
Reel Rookie

What happened to screen type on Roku 4K

I don't seem to be able to adjust my screen type or size. The TV is TCL brand 49" flat screen running Roku. Roku says in order to use screen type, choose Settings --> Screen Type. Nope not there in my Roku menu.

If fact I've been down every leg of the menu system and there is no screen type anywhere.

Checked for current software and says last updated on 6/8/2024. That was yesterday so all good.

Anybody know how to get Screen Type? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What happened to screen type on Roku 4K

Roku TVs don't have that setting.  Only devices that connect to a TV have it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
scottreed
Reel Rookie

Re: What happened to screen type on Roku 4K

Thanks but not so sure about that. I recall having this same issue with screen size about a year ago. At that time Screen Size/Type existed in the Roku menu and I recall that I had three options for screen size that I could choose from.

The problem is that for some video streaming the progress bar in a video is pressed up against the bottom of the TV screen so that icons below the progress bar like closed captioning cannot be seen or accessed.

I'm thinking Roku MIGHT have changed the menu and now Screen Size is no longer available. In that case I might be screwed. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.