Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RudyKS

Ulta remote kills TCL TV remote and access to disk player

Added Roku Ultra to my TCL smart TV system to get PBS passport. Ultra is wired to router,  cable box and TV. Ultra remote kills TCL TV remote functions.

At power-ON  and OK system switches to ROKU and loads only Roku streaming channels with no access to   disk player connected to TV.

Please give detailed steps to correct the problem or agent phone number.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ulta remote kills TCL TV remote and access to disk player

Is the TCL TV a Roku TV? Whether it is or not, you need to use the TV's remote to return to the TV's Home Screen, or menu, or whatever to get off of the Roku's input. If it's a Roku TV, press Home on the TV's remote.

You may want to turn off "1-touch play" on your Ultra.  Using the Roku's remote, press Home a couple of times to get to the Home Screen and then using the menu on the left side of the screen navigate to Settings->System->Control other devices and uncheck "1-touch play".  That option tells your TV to switch to the Ultra's input when you press a button on your Roku remote.  You may or may not find that feature desirable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.