Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to download the latest update for a Roku tv without internet access. Model number error

My TCL 4K Roku tv isn't connected to the internet, so I am attempting to download the update on a computer elsewhere and place it on a USB to update my tv. The problem is that at tvupdate.roku.com, it is not recognizing my model number. The model number was found at Settings>Systems>About and is 65C807. The directions on the Roku website stated that the model number is 4 numbers and 1 letter so I am unable to get the update. Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Trying to download the latest update for a Roku tv without internet access. Model number error

Hi @memegrace10

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: TCL Support. Call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to download the latest update for a Roku tv without internet access. Model number error

@memegrace10, look for the Roku model number, not the TV model number.  That being said, try 7109X.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

For assistance with downloading the latest update for your TCL 4K Roku TV without Internet access, I recommend contacting TCL, the TV manufacturer, at 1-877-300-8837. They can provide direct support and warranty services for Roku OS products. Also, try using the Roku model number (e.g., 7109X) instead of the TV model number. Keep us updated on your progress.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Follow the instructions found here.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos