Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamhead
Level 8

TV switches from feed to home screen

Hello,

No matter what I'm watching or doing--cable, DVD, Playstation 4--my TV will go blank for a moment, then switch to the Insignia Roku TV screen for 10-20 seconds, go blank again, switch to the Insignia Roku TV screen again, then take me back to Home so I can select the option I was just watching. I have a three-way splitter attached to HDMI1 with cable, PS4, and a Firestick attached to the other end. Until recently, I could easily switch between the three and go about my business, but lately I've had this issue and not once but multiple times a day. When it happens I have to pause what I was watching or playing so I won't miss anything. It's more annoying than anything, but I'm hoping there's a solution. Here are my specs. Please let me know if you need more information.

Brand: Insignia

Model: NS-50DR620NA18

Serial #: YN00M8192569

Software: 7.6.2 Build 4144-31

ROKU TV: 7302X

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV switches from feed to home screen

@Seamhead 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your external devices directly into the TV (not using the splitter) to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Seamhead
Level 8

No, but I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Seamhead
Level 8

Here's an update. I purchased a new splitter and new HDMI cables and that worked for a while, but my issue came back. I now have our cable box and PS4 plugged directly into the TV, but not only did that not fix the issue, it's getting worse by the day. We're trying to watch last week's SNL and we've lost the feed twice before the end of the opening credits. I've tried everything I can think of and it's not getting better; in fact, it's worse. The cables are plugged in as tightly as they'll go. I've tried having only the cable box plugged into the TV, then only the PS4 plugged in, but still not fixed. As I write this, we're now on our third time having to stop the program while we wait for the feed to return from the Insignia/Roku screen.

Can someone please help me?

0 Kudos
Seamhead
Level 8

I might have solved the problem (fingers crossed). I checked the settings on the TV and noticed a new update was available and the TV hadn't been updated since last August. I updated the TV and so far so good. If the issue returns, I'll be back.

Thanks!