Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcathome
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Why did you change it again? It was working yesterday.  Now the filter favorites is missing again when selecting the asterisk on the lineup. You reverted back to favorites on the sidebar which you have to select each time to change channels. Roku TV C107X TCL Model 43S425

20221018_020643.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just favorite a channel. And it should show up in the favorite category. And unfortunately you may have to favorite them all again. But I do believe this is the last patch for guide filtering. Good luck. 

I still have to go to guide icons everytime I put the guide back on it goes to all channels. So it's three more buttons to push, to get favorite channels back on. 

(This information is for everyone. Re- favorite channel to make favorites show up again in filter options is explained at top of post. ) 

I hope this helps everyone. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

patience, that's one thing Roku taught me. They'll get it eventually. Change is a hard pill to swallow. But patience is all in the mind. Give it a day or two. I stopped biching in this forum. And it all worked .

Thank you Roku.

Remember patience. 

0 Kudos
u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

Re: Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

**bleep** ROKU and their **bleep** random changes to the mother **bleep**ing channel guide.   I TELL EVERYONE I CAN THAT ROKU IS DOG **bleep** DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM ROKU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

Oh well. That's your feelings. They sound hurt. We'll go buy something else and good luck with it that device toooo. I for one Like my Rokuuuu. Everything has problems. Remember it's not a perfect world. 

New subject.: ((How to stop sarcasm. And embrace constructive criticism)).

0 Kudos
dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's not a patience issue. Look at how far back the problem goes and to have it fixed once and then broken again by poor programing or intentional changes shows Roku as a company that does not have their customers wants or needs in mind. If you have a feature that works why change it without any customer discussions. And no I am not trashing my TVs to find something else but when it comes time to replace them I would defiantly see what other options are out there.

Thank You

Benedlr
Roku Guru

TV guide and favorites has changed for the worse...again.

Jump to solution

The new "update" has screwed the pooch by effectively eliminating a lock on Favorites. Perhaps the most inconvenient one yet. But I'm ahead of myself. I'm sure they will come up with even more annoying "improvements". Watching TV is now work. Cut the cord...BS!

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Today Roku went back to that silly side menu in their guide again. It now switches to 'All channels' after each channel change. It has a 'Recents' button that doesn't even store recent channels.

That's the last straw. I'll be looking to buy a non-Roku set. Any suggestions (other than Samsung)?

Glocom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sadly I’m in the group considering other TV brands. Which is a shame because the Roku platform concept I like really well. The problem with the guides though is ridiculous it’s taking them forever to fix it, and when they fix it it just gets worse.  Filter to favorites now isn’t an option.

I just set up a Vizio TV for a friend. It has a good picture as do most TVs now. The home screen, apps are small and a lot of them.  You cannot delete but you can move them around to put the ones you use more easily accessible.  

The remote control is very basic like Roku but it does have the ability to bring up a number pad on the screen to change channels.

Like Roku, it also has a lot of free channels. A lot of them are the same I’m sure there are some differences. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello

Can you please put an end to this feed. Seems to be going no where. The solutions are found in other places. And with all the new channel option features. Are doing ok. And people just don't have patience.

Hello Moderator.

Please read above. 

And check first post and solution. Then see where it's going now. Kinda off the wall. I do believe a lot of these will be on the wayside, with all the new channel options being implemented, not to mention the cameras. You are all obviously busy working to fix all problems. Must be overwhelming. 

I wouldn't trade shoes with you all. 

But please end this endless feed of nonsense. 

Give someone new a chance to start a new feed. Since problems are evolving. Good luck! 

Thank you 

Peace

0 Kudos