Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NumsBowl
Level 8

TCL55R615 Strange horizontal shadows tracking dark parts of screen

This is a pretty odd issue and I'm struggling to properly describe it.

Ok, short of it is - I use my TV mostly for my PC. I have noticed a few weeks ago that if I have a dark element on the screen (say, my browser tab bar or something), this dark element will leave a weird ghost line of its height across the screen, that shows up entirely in other dark parts of the screen.

I took this video to try and express what I mean. Note that there are several lines of varying darkness that seem to correlate to how dark the UI element is, and that they track the UI element as I move it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byyv6IKfUaU&feature=youtu.be

Any thoughts? I asked TCL for advice and they basically fobbed me off, so, I dunno. Seems to happen on other inputs besides my PC, but obviously my PC is the only one I can really test it with.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: TCL55R615 Strange horizontal shadows tracking dark parts of screen

Thanks for the note here. It's hard to say what may be occurring.

Have you tried connecting a different computer to your TV to see if the same issue occurs? Have you observed this when using any other HDMI input source on your TV? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
NumsBowl
Level 8

Re: TCL55R615 Strange horizontal shadows tracking dark parts of screen

It's hard to tell and test, given how weirdly specific the problem is, but it appears to only affect my main PC - or at least it doesn't seem to be affected my PS4, which is my only other input. I can't really easily test it on any other inputs, given how hard it is to replicate.

0 Kudos