Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

TCL Update update not working for Version 13.0.0.24062

Our TV is stuck on 12.5.5.4174 and when I run the update it goes to 100% then reboots as expected.  But the screen goes black after the device splash screen for many minutes or longer if we let it go.  But it NEVER updates, when I hit the power button to check it, it shows updating from 0 to 100% within 2 or so seconds and that's all, then returns back to the home screen like nothing happened.  I check the version and it never changed.

TCL Model #55S425 Hardware ID 7131X  Device ID J4992P897554 (In case someone from Support happens to see this)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Darklinkc4

Re: TCL Update update not working for Version 13.0.0.24062

I've been had the same problem with my C133X hardware model of my TV I don't know why it's doing this but if someone from Roku sees this please fix this I would like to have the new update. Please and thank you if you do.

pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

I guess we can count ourselves lucky? There's apparently an issue with the latest update pushing motion smoothing to the units and causing more issues than desired?

https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/12/24177117/tcl-roku-tv-motion-smoothing-streaming

0 Kudos
pdxviewer
Binge Watcher

I really hope this is fixed though.  Short of FACTORY RESETTING The TV, I'm not sure what else to try.

Opereira66
Channel Surfer

No meu caso a atualização 13.0.0 deixou de exibir os canais de TV aberta. Já tentei de tudo e não resolveu. Se alguém souber resolver, fico grata!

Modelo AOC 4355195

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.