Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bofra
Level 7

TCL TV setting for default input

I have a TCL 49S405 on Version 9.3.0 build 4194. I hooked an XBOX 1 up to it and named the input XBOX. Now that is the default input. I want the Home Screen to be the default. Everywhere I look it says to go to Settings>System>Power. However I do not nIPUNNr - Imgur.jpghave Power in my list of options

Any help on how to get to it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
adpatterson
Level 7

Re: TCL TV setting for default input

Go to settings  -> system -> power -> power on -> now pick what you want to happen when you power on tv

DFW_Doug
Level 7

Yeah the tcl TVs do not have settings -> system -> power as an available option. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

@DFW_Doug wrote: Yeah the tcl TVs do not have settings -> system -> power as an available option.

Unfortunately, I have two. They both have home>settings>system>power>power-on. 

Sometimes I wonder if problems like this are related to Roku's vulnerabilities. Maybe tvs are hacked? With everything we see, it's not that hard to believe it's an open-door policy. (I mean, considering what we know -- imagine what we don't. Right? It gives pause.).

Go to home>settings>system>about. What version of software do you have?

You could try the so-called cache clear. It's not just a restart. It's known to fix problems other things didn't.

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

Wouldn't hurt. If that doesn't bring the menu item back, maybe a factory reset?

These strange things are bizarre. Roku doesn't know what's going on. (You're going to be told to talk to the tv maker.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
yl7
Level 7

I have he am issue as well. There’s no “power”option in my settings. Did you figure out the solution?

0 Kudos
Bofra
Level 7

Yeah ended up my problem, and it may be other's as well is that the TV was setup for store use. Mine was a display unit. I did the following and was able to fix the issue. Hope this helps you

To perform the factory reset please refer to the steps below:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to System.
3. Select Advance System Settings.
4. Select Factory Reset.
5. Select FACTORY RESET EVERYTHING and please enter a code on the TV screen to reset everything to original factory settings.

After the Factory reset is complete, please perform the following steps:
A. Let get started please select English.
B. Set for home use
C. Bypass internet connection by simply clicking “connect to the internet later.
D. Let set up devices just hit OK gently and please select “Do it later” on the option.
E. All done.

0 Kudos