Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bc320
Level 7

TCL TV and WIndows 10

I am trying to hook a windows 10 pc to my TCL and it is not working. 
I already attached a windows 7 PC to the TV via HDMI.  It was easy. plug in HDMI and choose the input.  I tried to do the same with the windows 10 pc but that is not working.  I can see the boot screen when I boot the pc but as soon as windows starts I have nothing.  When I attach a regular PC monitor I have no issues.  I think the problem is with the TV input but I can't figure out how to fix.  
TV Specs:
TCL Model 55S401
Version 9.0.0

In the PC display settings it will identify the TV as a display. the TV just won't show anything.  
0 Kudos
2 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Re: TCL TV and WIndows 10

"bc320" wrote:
I am trying to hook a windows 10 pc to my TCL and it is not working. 
I already attached a windows 7 PC to the TV via HDMI.  It was easy. plug in HDMI and choose the input.  I tried to do the same with the windows 10 pc but that is not working.  I can see the boot screen when I boot the pc but as soon as windows starts I have nothing.  When I attach a regular PC monitor I have no issues.  I think the problem is with the TV input but I can't figure out how to fix.  
TV Specs:
TCL Model 55S401
Version 9.0.0

In the PC display settings it will identify the TV as a display. the TV just won't show anything.  

Quick place to check is the HDMI MODE setting for the input. SETTINGS -- TV INPUTS - HDMI INPUT - HDMI MODE

Try setting it to HDMI 2.0 if it is currently set to AUTO or 1.4.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
bc320
Level 7

Re: TCL TV and WIndows 10

So far I have tried the following:
Switching HDMI Cables
Switching HDMI Inputs (tried all 3)
Switching HDMI Modes
Switching Input names
Hard power reset
Search for firmware updates
enabling/disabling game mode