Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yobry1
Level 9

TCL RokuTV sleep timer in settings

Would really like a sleep timer option in settings menu to power off the tv and be able to set it for 1hr, 2hrs, 3hrs, etc, or my preferred way would be to set it for a specific time of the night to automatically POWER OFF. With all the tv's on the market which have this SIMPLE feature, there's NO EXCUSE for roku tv's not to also have it. The power button on the remote should AUTOMATICALLY go to the HOME SCREEN before powering off the tv since that's what roku wants you to do before turning it off. In the meantime, I'm just going to buy a smart outlet and set it to power off at a specific time every night.

This isn't a matter of saving data for me, it's a matter of saving on my power bill and the longevity of the tv itself. When I wake up and look at the settings, it shows the tv has been active for over 15hrs in which I'm only watching tv for 7-8 hrs at a time. I don't know if it will harm the software by powering off while still in the app I'm using but I only watch 30min shows on netflix to fall asleep too and after 2 episodes, it usually pauses and asks if I want to continue anyway so if it does harm the software, I figure I'll just reinstall the app or reset the tv to factory settings.

I'm surprised no has created a sleep timer app for roku boxes and tvs to power them off as stated above.

4 REPLIES 4\
Raging_Moose
Level 7

Re: TCL RokuTV sleep timer in settings

my mother has one of these tv's it's under system settings 

0 Kudos
Robert69
Level 7

Wish there was a way to custom set the timer from 1 minute up to 3 hours.

millenium
Level 8

TCL Roku TV's sleep timer only goes up to 3 hours. Would like to make it 5 hours.  It should allow you to 'manually,' time the power off for sleep at your discretion. This is not about saving bandwidth - that's another setting which by the way doesn't work because the tv still goes back to the homepage after a few hours but whatever Cat Frustrated

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @millenium

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. We suggest reaching out to TCL's support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their TV that may allow the functionality you are looking for.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos