Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK421
Level 7

TCL Roku not turning on/screen glitching

I have a TCL Roku 55up120. Yesterday, it froze up, with the bottom white light beaming and a black screen. Tried a number of troubleshooting techniques, and nothing worked, except a few times I attempted a factory reset (using the recessed button on the side of the tv), the screen came on glitchy, with the Roku TV logo flashing behind a swarm of colors (see the picture). So, obviously there is something physically wrong with the TV. Anyone know what the issue is?

IMG_7305.jpg

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL Roku not turning on/screen glitching

@TK421 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TK421
Level 7

Thanks. Yes, I called them. They told me that since I had attempted all of the troubleshooting techniques they would suggest, there was nothing they could do. Just curious if anyone has had similar experiences and knows what is wrong. Probably busted, which is a shame, given that we've taken good care of it and it is barely 4.5 years old.

0 Kudos
Colettesgrandpa
Level 7

My Roku is a sharp. 14 months old,  sharp told me the TV has hardware issues, it's out of warranty and I'm s**t out of luck.  Never again