Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL Roku TV crashing

I have a TCL Roku TV 55S423. I had problems with it turning off for a second then turning back on then off again for a second. This happened about every 5 minutes. I had a thumb drive in the USB port for replay. Removed the thumb drive and the problem resolved. FYI. Software fix for the pause/replay?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

I came here after my TCL Roku TV crashed for the umpteenth time. I just got the TV a month ago. It's got the latest software update version 9.2.6 build 4132. 

When I say it "crashes" I don't mean it exits to the home screen. I mean it COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN! It begins with it getting progressively worse response-wise when trying to change the volume or looking through an app's programming it begins to get slower and slower in response to the remote until it just "crashes" and completely shuts down then powers back up. It's done it with multiple apps and even when watching antenna TV.

A couple of times it kept shutting down and powering up 3 or 4 times before finally staying on. Then it will work fine for a few days before doing it again. I think it's a software problem and I hope they fix it with the next update and SOON! 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Thanks for the tip DrKlK. I have a thumb drive inserted and I'm going to take it out to see if it fixes the problem! If so, I will be calling about them remedying this on my brand new TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I too have this exact provlem with my TCL Roku tv. cant be remote button being touched as i keep my remote on my nightstand its not app remote as Im not logged it gor that and the only one home most times. its the TV but Roku blames TCL and TCL blames Roku.

0 Kudos