Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

TCL R655 VRR delayed audio from tv speakers

Hi I recently got the TCL R655 and have noticed there is an audio delay on the TV’s built in speakers when using VRR on both my Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Turning off VRR gets rid of the delay as well as plugging in a pair of headphones directly into the controller. Upon searching online it seems like this issue began after the Roku OS 12.0 update. I just wanted to check if you guys were aware of this issue and planned on fixing this.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
BlakeK20

Re: TCL R655 VRR delayed audio from tv speakers

I am having the same exact problem with Xbox series X on the same exact TV. Just bought the console on Friday and noticed it immediately. However my problem is persisting regardless if VRR is off or on. It doesn’t seem to matter. When turning off vrr, did you restart the console or tv? I don’t think I tried that after turning vrr off. This is not an issue with the tv’s video apps or on my ps4 pro, only the Xbox. 

abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

So the delay goes away when I turn off VRR on my PlayStation haven’t tried on my Xbox but will later today. Have you tried plugging headphones into your controller to see if it goes away? I don’t believe its a problem with the Xbox cause it happens with my PlayStation. Perhaps there a delay regardless and turning on VRR makes it worse?

0 Kudos
BlakeK20

The lag does go away through my controller headphone Jack, yes. It’s not going away when I disable vrr but I did not try to restart the Xbox after changing this setting. I would be absolutely baffled if that works for you and not me. You should definitely try it when you get the chance and let me know. I would try myself but not home yet. I have literally tried everything to eliminate the lag including all video and audio settings on both the XSX and the TV, restarting the tv, restarting as well as hard resetting the Xbox. Nothing is making a perceivable difference. If vrr off>restart xsx>restart tv doesn’t work I’m afraid there’s nothing left for me to try 

abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

https://youtube.com/shorts/zCH7vuoNYgk?feature=share

So this is the audio delay with VRR disabled. Doesn’t seem like much of a delay or at least its not as noticeable as with VRR enabled.

BlakeK20

Yeah That seems considerably better than mine. I’m experiencing lag that’s completely unbearable out of the tv, probably closer to 400 ms. Did you restart the Xbox after disabling vrr? 

abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

Nope just switched it off before entering the game. I do have auto low latency mode disabled on both my console and the through the TV’s input settings. Idk if that makes any difference.

BlakeK20

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Will try this more tonight. I’m starting to think this is more of an issue with our TV’s OS which is a better problem than the console just being a lemon. hopefully Roku and TCL are aware of this issue. Crossing my fingers that it’s effecting most people with this TV hooked up to a next gen so it’s fixed in the next update. 

abbasmamdani
Binge Watcher

https://old.reddit.com/r/tcltvs/comments/14cz204/tcl_r655_has_audio_lag_with_variable_refresh_rate

Quick update it seems like other people are also having this issue.

0 Kudos
Spyke8x
Reel Rookie

Also having the exact same issue with R655. With VRR on ~400ms of audio delay. As soon as it’s turned off for the input the delay goes away. Doesn’t matter what I have connected to the hdmi input. I’ve tried PS5, PC, Xbox all of them have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.