Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neilb7

Re: TCL 6 series Roku TV audio popping sounds

The answer is to reset audio/picture settings back to factory. Fixed issue for me and affected none of my channels or anything else. It’s under advanced settings. 

0 Kudos
KatLee1

I too am experiencing popping sound and picture flickers when popping occurs. I have reset once per instructions from support but now it’s starting again. Happy that I have a 3 year warranty that’s good for another year so thinking they may have to replace my tv. 

0 Kudos

I just got my TCL TV (11/15/2021) and today (11/16/2021) when switching to my apple TV via HDMI-1, I experienced the “clicking/popping” sound issue.  After reading a few (not all) post’s, I switched the TCL audio Sound Mode from Dynamic to Standard, and the popping went away, THEN switching back to Dynamic Mode on the TCL and going back to my Apple TV and reconnecting the Bluetooth external speaker, all seams fine, for now… I’ve double checked to make sure that Dynamic Mode on the TCL TV is still selected and that the Apple TV still is connected to the external Bluetooth external speaker and everything seems fine. I’ll try to repost if anything unexpected/unwanted shows up.

Art D

BTW, my TCL is a Google TV not a Roku TV

0 Kudos
Ianmlentz
Channel Surfer

Nice. I’ll take another look at my settings but I don’t believe I have any audio enhancements like “dynamic” active.  I have noticed it’s only an issue while using my Apple TV.  I’m thinking it’s a compatibility issue with Apple TV’s software or hardware. Either way I’m gonna check my TV’s settings again. Ty!

0 Kudos
Ianmlentz
Channel Surfer

I haven’t been able to resolve the issue.  It’s driving me crazy. Anytime I use the Apple TV with the TCL TV I hear the audio clipping sounds over and over again. There doesn’t seem to be any fix for this. 

All audio enhancements are turned off in the TV, Soundbar, and streaming device. 

0 Kudos