Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retread
Level 8

Switching from Roku Tv to Soundbar is EZ, but must turn TV off and back on to restore Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a Westinghouse Roku TV (IR remote) and just installed the Roku Soundbar (BT remote).  Switching from Roku TV to Soundbar is onscreen selectable, but no link to restore to TV.  Must turn power off and use IR remote to power on to restore Roku TV selections.

If I try to use the BT remote that came with the Soundbar while on Roku TV, I get notice that it is switching to Soundbar and fails to respond to CANCEL.  This results in the necessity to keep both remotes handy because Roku seems to have two separate Home screens.  Similarly, if I turn on the TV using the Soundbar remote, it goes directly to the Soundbar Home screen (with no selection to switch to Roku TV... so I have to power cycle and switch remotes). Can this be resolved?  

Note:  I like the upgraded remote with voice activation, but it will only work with the Soundbar.  I have more channel selections with the Roku TV than with the Soundbar, e.g. Antenna TV being one feature not available on Soundbar.  Can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
retread
Level 8

Re: Switching from Roku Tv to Soundbar is EZ, but must turn TV off and back on to restore Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks!!  I had selected Home from the menu and chose OK and that didn't work.  Whodaknown?  Using the remote Home key works!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Switching from Roku Tv to Soundbar is EZ, but must turn TV off and back on to restore Roku TV

Jump to solution

Not the way you hope to have it, with one remote. It can only be done by having two remotes, one for the tv and other for the soundbar. To simply switch to the one you want to control, press the HOME key for that device, not one you're leaving. To switch back, press the HOME key for the other device. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
retread
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks!!  I had selected Home from the menu and chose OK and that didn't work.  Whodaknown?  Using the remote Home key works!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos