Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasondeanny
Level 7

Switching between CableTV and Antenna (OTA)

I have a Samsung TV that has the ability to switch between Cable (ClearQAM/Analog) and (Over the) Air/Antenna. It retains separate scan data so that I can easily switch between types of inputs on the coax connection. Using an A/B switch, I can select what type of signal is being used.

Can Roku implement a similar capability using the LiveTV app? I figure if the channel scan can save multiple scans with different labels (Cable, Antenna) and separate Home Page icons could make it easy to select the correct input. Using the same A/B switch to match the input it would be simple to implement.

I'd love to use the Roku TV in an RV and switching between inputs/saving multiple scans would help as the park cable occasionally goes out due to weather or other issues. If I can seamlessly switch between input types and use the A/B switch, I could at least have the antenna working on rainy days.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Jasondeanny
Level 7

Re: Switching between CableTV and Antenna (OTA)

Edit Lineup would be specific to the particular scan. You could edit each scan separately.Edit Lineup would be specific to the particular scan. You could edit each scan separately.Use these labels on the Home Page or set Custom Names for different scans such as "New York OTA", "Philadelphia OTA" and "Park Cable"Use these labels on the Home Page or set Custom Names for different scans such as "New York OTA", "Philadelphia OTA" and "Park Cable"

Tags (1)
0 Kudos