Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wm59
Binge Watcher

Suddenly, our Roku connection died: NO SIGNAL

We were watching a show on Amazon Prime last night, and suddenly, mid-show, the screen went black. All we're getting is NO SIGNAL. Otherwise, the TV set works -- that is, we can watch regular cable, or DVDs. But we've lost our Roku connection. What now?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly, our Roku connection died: NO SIGNAL

@Wm59 Is this a Roku TV or a TV with a Roku device attached to the TV?  In either case I would unplug the Roku device from the power outlet for about 30 seconds.  Plug the Roku device back in and see if that solves the problem.  Do not just remove the HDMI cable from the TV if this is a Roku device.  That will not reset the device.

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

It is a TV set with a Roku device attached. We have unplugged the Roku device from the power outlet (and waited) several times, without result.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Wm59, when you connect it to the power outlet do any lights illuminate on the Roku device?  What's the model number written on the Roku device somewhere?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

Our Roku stick is model 3810X.

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

. . . and yes, I forgot to mention, lights do light up.

0 Kudos
renojim

Are you using the TV's USB port to power the stick or is it plugged into the wall?  Have you tried a different HDMI input on the TV?  Do you have another USB power adapter you can try and/or another TV?

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

We are using the TV's USB port. We have only one TV, and it has only one HDMI port.

0 Kudos
renojim

Try the USB power adapter that came with the stick or one from a phone or tablet plugged into the wall.

0 Kudos
Wm59
Binge Watcher

"Try the USB power adapter that came with the stick or one from a phone or tablet plugged into the wall." We just did that, and nothing changed.

0 Kudos