cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtstadanko
Level 8

Subwoofer Pairing

Jump to solution

I currently have a Roku TCL TV (6102X) with the 2 Roku Wireless Speakers. I was about to purchase the subwoofer when i noticed the message that the Subwoofer wont pair to certain tv models that already have speakers attached.

1) Is it possible to bypass this by adding the soundbar and then pairing the speakers and subwoofer with that? I have seen people mentioning having a soundbar with the 2 wireless speakers, though im not sure why you would need to have the soundbar AND the two wireless unless it acts like a surround system when you set it up like that.

2) when will the software update allow  of the subwoofer and wireless speakers on 6xxx models.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Subwoofer Pairing

Jump to solution

When the Wireless speakers are paired to a Roku tv, they replace the tv speakers and become the front speakers for the setup. When the Wireless Speakers are paired to a Roku Soundbar they are considered surround sound speakers, not the same thing, and not as loud. I don't have the Roku Wireless speakers myself, I use the Roku Soundbar with my Roku tv. Love that setup. Don't have room for any other speakers in my bedroom where its set up. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The Roku subwoofer will only pair with Roku Wireless Speakers, which you have, and the Roku Smart Soundbar. You can't pair the Roku Subwoofer to a Roku Tv alone. When it says you can't have more then one set of speakers it's not referring to the wireless speakers and the subwoofer, its referring to trying to have two sets of Roku Wireless speakers which it CAN"T do. 

Edmund
sgtstadanko
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply @Tivoburkee !

In this case i still dont think it will work:

All Roku TV models support a Roku Wireless Subwoofer when a Roku Smart Soundbar is connected. 

However, only some Roku TV models currently support a Roku Wireless Subwoofer when Roku TV Wireless Speakers are connected.

My model/roku software is a 6xxx which is on of the listed models that dont support wireless speakers.

I read on a reddit thread that you can use the soundbar via hdmi arc from the roku TCL tv and then pair the wireless speakers and subwoofer to the soundbar. I think this is what i am going to try. Will make a surround sound system! BTW. i looked at a floor model of the subwoofer. that thing is huge!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

When the Wireless speakers are paired to a Roku tv, they replace the tv speakers and become the front speakers for the setup. When the Wireless Speakers are paired to a Roku Soundbar they are considered surround sound speakers, not the same thing, and not as loud. I don't have the Roku Wireless speakers myself, I use the Roku Soundbar with my Roku tv. Love that setup. Don't have room for any other speakers in my bedroom where its set up. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

sgtstadanko
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I bought the ONN Roku subwoofer from walmart since local bb was out of the roku brand thinking id return it and order direct if it was too weak. 

Man this thing rattles the walls even with having 100w less power! I think i will stick with it. Now I have the rocking roku 5.1 setup! Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos