Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar not working. Steady orange light

@weswall2127

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the orange light is not an indicator of the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide more specific information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is your device being shown on screen? Have you tried replacing the batteries on your remote?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnEvo
Level 7

I have been using my sound bar for a few months now. Today, the internet connection kept dropping in the middle of watching something. I unplugged abs plugged in back in and it connected for a couple of minutes, the said no internet connection. I repeated with the same results. I reset the sound bar, by pressing the reset button on the back, and it went green, Roku showed on the screen abs then flashed orange, and that’s it. I have attempted to reset several times with the same result. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JohnEvo

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BillGuil1
Level 7

Re: Streambar stopped working

I have exactly the same problem.   Roku TV, successful setup, turned of roku TV, turn on roku tv, no sound at all.

I have no idea how to send you a PM.

I am ready to send it back.

Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
BillGuil1
Level 7

Additional information.

When I set up the unit on my ONN. roku tv during the initial out of box setup, the "devices" showed the sound bar in the room picture.  Now there is no sound at all and the sound devices setup does not show the sound bar in the picture.  It is like the TV has stopped supporting ARC.

I reset the sound bar to factory settings and tried to go through out of box again, but the TV treats it like a non-ARC TV would, even when plugged into the ARC HDMI.  Did the sound bar kill my ARC circuitry?  Optical link also does not work, if that means anything.

The Sound bar seems to function okay as a streaming device with sound from the sound bar, but now I have a redundant Roku and two remotes.  The tv sound is horrible.  That's why I bought the sound bar. 

Hope you can help..

0 Kudos
JohnEvo
Level 7

Mine was a Toshiba TV, and mine was also plugged in the ARC HDMI. I moved it to another HDMI and used the optical cable, all was fine. Not sure if it’s the ARC HDMI that stopped working, as I have not swapped it back yet

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BillGuil1

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along the information that you have provided to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos