Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streambar Cannot Replace Roku 3

Jump to solution

I bought a Streambar to replace my Roku 3, and just found out it cannot fully replace it.

Specifically, certain games I bought or loaded onto my Roku 3 do not come up on the Streambar.

Angry Birds

FieldRunners

Frisbee Forever

The remote that came with the Streambar is also missing the A and B buttons that are on the Roku 3 remote.

I suspect that the Streambar remote doesn't have the motion sensor and because it doesn't have the AB buttons like the Roku 3 remote, so the games are no available.

QUESTION: Can I pair my Roku 3 RC-35 remote with the Streambar, and will that make the games available?

QUESTION: Will any of the other current Roku models work with these games?

If not, then the Streambar is just an expensive soundbar to me and I'm not sure I will keep it, or return it and get a dedicated sound bar system and keep my Roku 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Streambar Cannot Replace Roku 3

Jump to solution

The games are specific to a particular model Roku player. They cannot be added to a different model Roku. I'm sure it's all based on licensing with the game companies. The Roku 3 remote might be able to be paired with the soundbar, but it will not enable the games on your soundbar. Sorry.

Your Roku 3 is pretty old, and many of the latest channels won't work with it. You might consider keeping the soundbar for the latest channels (and a much more powerful Roku player) and just use the 3 for the games. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Streambar Cannot Replace Roku 3

Jump to solution

The games are specific to a particular model Roku player. They cannot be added to a different model Roku. I'm sure it's all based on licensing with the game companies. The Roku 3 remote might be able to be paired with the soundbar, but it will not enable the games on your soundbar. Sorry.

Your Roku 3 is pretty old, and many of the latest channels won't work with it. You might consider keeping the soundbar for the latest channels (and a much more powerful Roku player) and just use the 3 for the games. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos