Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klambert
Level 9

Re: Strange Issue with Dolby/Dolby Plus on TCL 6 series

I keep checking for updates, but has anyone gotten 10.0 to see if the fix made it in?

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Level 9

Oh is the new OS out? 

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

People are reporting having been upgraded, but so far nobody with a TCL TV attached via arc. At least that I've seen.

0 Kudos
Harvini
Level 11

@klambert wrote:

People are reporting having been upgraded, but so far nobody with a TCL TV attached via arc. At least that I've seen.

My couple of years old Sharp TV reports having received an update  on 3/31/21 at 14:32.  The "ABOUT" reports the set is still running on Version 9.4.0 Build 4210-13.

As far as I can see, the bad behavior with OTA channel selection and the unwanted insertion of streaming channels into the OTA channel list continue unchanged.

It appears to me as though a download has been "staged" into the set, and the next "gotcha" will be sprung when it is most advantageous and profitable for Roku to do so.

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

I have 10.0 and I can confirn this has been fixed. Thanks to everyone who badgered Roku! We did it!

TarheelWes
Level 9

**bleep**! Sweet! I gotta try to update mine 

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Level 11

@klambert wrote:

I have 10.0 and I can confirn this has been fixed. Thanks to everyone who badgered Roku! We did it!

How did you update it?  I need 10.0 for a different issue and have been going to Check For Update over and over and over and just keep getting the message that my software is up to date.  It's still showing 9.4.

0 Kudos
KingWookie
Level 7

I haven't seen an update on my 8 Series yet. Has anyone else with a Roku TV received the update?

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

2020 TCL series 5 and I got the 10.0 update and it included the fix. 

In my case, the update was the normal background update.

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Level 11

I'm glad the update fixed this issue but it didn't fix the widely reported issue of the audio being out of sync. 

0 Kudos