Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum remotes stopped working with TCL TV

1023 seems to be the fix for the RC122 remote.

0 Kudos
mcbrazz

Thanks to this thread I was able to reprogram my Charter silver remote with code 11780 for my TCL Roku tv which enabled control of tv power, volume, and arrow buttons.  However, the OK/Select button is still not functional.  Any other codes or tricks to try to regain full functionality?  

0 Kudos
mcbrazz

I contacted Roku Support through their chat feature, explained the problem caused by their software update, and referred them to this thread for more info.  I was given support ticket #8605500 .  Not sure that they are going to do anything about this, but if I receive any new info I will share it on this thread.

mcbrazz

Did some more digging and found these websites with some further clues.

https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?7718

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/charter-remote-model-urc1060-efc-codes.3053468/

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/lookup/

What I've done so far to reprogram my Spectrum (silver) remote for my TCL Roku TV:

1. Turn TV on

2. Press TV button

3. Press and hold down Setup button until it blinks 2x

4. Type in code 11780.  It should blink 2x

5. Press TV button

6. Press and hold down Setup button until it blinks 2x

7. Type in 994.  It should blink 2x

8. Press Setup button just once briefly (do not hold down). 

9. Type in code 00245

10. Press OK/Select button

After doing all of that it has restored remote control of the tv power, volume, up/down arrows, and OK/select button function, but the right arrow is now also acting like the OK button which is annoying.  So I can't navigate the TV Menu to select any apps that are in the right two columns.

If anyone finds out if there is a different primary or secondary code should be using please tell me.  Thanks in advance.

Sw04

Any luck with a 4 digit code for the rc122 remote that allows the up/down arrows to work? Code 1023 gives function for everything but that, so there’s still no way to scroll to the streaming apps. 

0 Kudos
SysTech_Larry
Channel Surfer

Instead of 11463 or 11780, try 12049. It has a more complete key set ready to go.

Only the Pause & FFwd buttons did not work correctly, but they can be fixed.

The missing Channel Dot key can be added, too.

0 Kudos
VickieG

UPDATE 2 hours later, I had given up after trying a ton of codes and anything else that had been posted by others and walked away from the TV with the volume and power still not working.  Then magically somehow they started working again.  I would really love an explanation to this because it makes no sense.  The tvs factory remote worked the whole time, just not the spectrum remote.  Both are IR, and then it starts working again with the spectrum remote?  As an IT pro who has been in this space for decades who also does a ton of consumer electronics on the side this doesn't add up.  I really wish Roku would provide some clarity on this whole mess.  Don't get me wrong, I am very happy(because my wife is happy) that it is working again.

Spectrum guide remote no longer controls power or volume on my TCL Roku TV.  Worked yesterday, TV got an update this morning, now remote doesn't work.  Clearly an issue with the update.  Tried all the codes suggested, tried all the manufacturers suggested.  Checked several places other than here.  No luck.  Please fix the update and revert whatever changes were made related to IR.  And have Spectrum ads the correct codes for TCL TVs to the TCL entry in the on screen remote setup.

TCL 50S421

12.5.0 update as of 9:28 AM, Spectrum Guide remote no longer controls volume or power after that. 

2023-11-1114.47.285457795878236739991.jpg

If you knew that people were obviously having issues, why didn't you pause the rollout until you had a fix?  In 2023 I can't believe we are even having to deal with problems with IR remotes.  I have just wasted the last 2 hours trying to fix my volume control and power button that was working yesterday and your update broke.  Unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
sjc2

Roku needs to fix this!!!!! 

I had both my RC122 remotes for my two TCL Roku TVs configured with TV code 1098 and they both worked fine until Oct 1 and the software update happened.

Roku please fix the problem and make 1098 code for the RC122 remote work with the roku software.

I have temporarily been using code 1023 but it does not work as good for example the arrow keys dont work in TV mode.

number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Just wait until Black Friday.  Everyone will get their TVs set up on Saturday with everything working, then Roku will F*&^ it all up Sunday.

0 Kudos
neal128

found on another website that 11780 works for me

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.